This is my take on sweet potatoes. A little sweet, a little spice like little orange people dressed in white (yes, I am actually this nerdy).
4 medium sweet potatoes
6 medium bell peppers (or 6 large poblano peppers for a spicier dish)
2 tbsp melted butter
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Peel and quarter potatoes
2. Boil potatoes for 25 minutes
3. While potatoes cook, cut peppers half way down length wise. De-core and empty seeds.
4. Place peppers on baking pan. Cook for 10 minutes at 350°
5. When potatoes are tender, place in a large bowl and mash.
6. Place cinnamon, cayenne and salt in a small plastic bag and shake together thoroughly.
7. Add the seasoning mixture to the mashed potatoes.
8. Add cilantro and mix thoroughly.
9. Take the pepper out of the oven. Spoon the potato mixtures in the pepper. Drizzle the butter over the potatoes and peppers
10. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Plate and serve.
How to vote: Drop a line in the comments! Rate it – what do you like about it? What do you dislike? Give it 1 star, 2 stars, 3 stars or 4 stars! One vote per person, please.
Subscribe to receive the BGG2WL Weekly Newsletter, and receive a copy of my first e-book, “10 Must-Have Foods for Every Clean Eater's Pantry" absolutely free!